We ensure that arrangements are in place so your buildings, plant and equipment are maintained to a safe and efficient standard in accordance with all relevant statutory legislation and industry regulations.
Your legal responsibilities
The Health and Safety at Work Act (HSWA) 1974 imposes general duties which are supported by several regulations.
Of particular relevance is the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations (MHSWR) 1999, which requires employers to appoint one or more competent persons to support compliance with the regulations.
A competent person should have:
- a core knowledge of the subject
- sufficient training
- the experience to apply that knowledge correctly
- the personal qualities needed to undertake functions effectively
The employer should ensure that this level of competence is retained, and regular training is undertaken by the competent person.
The MHSWR impose several duties on employers to manage health and safety including:
- making and reviewing suitable and sufficient assessments of risk
- recording the significant findings
- implementing appropriate preventive and protective measures
- monitoring and reviewing any preventative and protective measures taken
Buildings, plant and equipment require timely inspection, servicing and maintenance to the relevant legislation and regulation to ensure they are in a safe condition for use and operation. Building owners and responsible persons must comply with all necessary legislation and ensure relevant documentation is referenced and adhered to.
How we ensure your compliance
Our specialists work with you to draw up an annual planned schedule to ensure you are fully compliant with current legislation. This schedule will be based on the assets you have within your building or across your portfolio.
The plan ensures that services, assessments and inspections are carried out when required, test certificates are kept up-to-date and remedial work is identified. Especially valuable for multi-site locations – test certificates are retained online, ensuring they can be viewed by our customers as and when required.
Our highly skilled team undergo regular training to ensure familiarity with current legislation and best practice. We use comprehensive tendering processes and specialist contractors to undertake safety inspections, servicing, and breakdown repairs to plant and equipment. Contracts are written to meet legislative obligations, manufacturer’s recommendations/specifications, service requirements, and customer operational requirements.
- Air Conditioning Units and Air Handling Plant
- BEMS Systems
- Biomass Boilers
- CHP Units
- Free Standing Chimneys
- Gas Appliance Servicing and Tightness Testing
- Kitchen Extract System Risk Assessment and Cleaning
- Oil Fired Appliances
- Solar Thermal
- Testing and Maintenance of Fire/Smoke Dampers
- Ventilation Ductwork Risk Assessments
When combined with our repairs and maintenance service, our award-winning building maintenance offer provides a single easy-to-access solution.