Asbestos management is the responsibility of the duty holder for each property under The Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 which came into force on 6 April 2012. A duty holder is explained by the Health and Safety Executive.
Our dedicated asbestos management team can assist you to fulfil your statutory duties for asbestos management. We can:
- arrange an asbestos survey (additional one-off cost applies)
- produce an asbestos management plan which complies with the current regulations
- complete annual reviews of the asbestos management plan and risk assessments
- provide advice and guidance on:
- the implementation of the asbestos management plan
- all matters relating to asbestos
- the event of any unintentional asbestos fibre release
- in relation to any planned works which is likely to impact on any areas where asbestos is known to exist or where it may potentially exist
- offer asbestos awareness training via elearning
- arranging an asbestos removal or remediation works (additional costs apply)
Our asbestos management plans are site specific, but set out in a standard format for ease of reference.
- Section 1 contains information on those responsible for managing asbestos and how advice, guidance and information can be obtained.
- Section 2 contains information on the location of asbestos materials within the building and control actions in place to manage these materials.
- Section 3 is the records section and includes information such as surveys, inspections, review dates, training and risk assessments.