Legionella risk assessments should be carried out on a regular basis (based on an assessment or change to the water system) by a Legionella Control Association (LCA) accredited contractor. They must employ competent and qualified operatives, as defined by the requirements of the L8 code of practice and guidelines.
As legislation regarding fixed building services becomes increasingly stringent, it continues to place greater emphasis on ensuring effective management arrangements are in place. Driven by statutory legislation and industry regulations, compliance activities must be carried out correctly, to the relevant standard, and in a timely manner to ensure that a building and its duty holder / responsible person is legally compliant.
A duty holder cannot discharge their legal duty simply by engaging with a contractor. You have a duty to manage the contractor by demonstrating a competent procurement process; which includes appointing qualified and capable contractor, completing sufficient checks on the activities they carry out and ensuring these activities are done in a safe and competent manner.
We provide full management and support in the delivery of compliance on behalf of a duty holder as well as essential system support. We will:
- develop a comprehensive servicing schedule
- develop contracts to deliver technical/operational requirements
- undertake procurement exercises to provide best value
- engage with approved contractors
- manage contractors
- undertake technical inspection and verification of submitted reports
- ensure timely action and advise on identified remedial measures
- provide full impartiality on all areas of work, acting in the best interest of the duty holder
- provide advice and guidance
- provide online access to reports