Vehicle maintenance is provided at four workshops in convenient locations across the county; Meadowfield, Morrison Busty (Anfield Plain), Chilton, and Hackworth Road (Peterlee). The workshops can maintain a diverse fleet of vehicles, plant, and equipment.
As well as vehicle maintenance we can also provide fleet management, driver training, and assessment, contract managed hire services and fabrication works. Where required we work in partnership with relevant agencies, suppliers, and stakeholders to provide the support you need.
What we offer
- provide a comprehensive system for fleet maintenance comprising servicing, inspection, local vehicle recovery and repair facilities, including detailed written/electronic records of all maintenance and other works carried out
- vehicle servicing and safety inspections
- general maintenance
- accident repair
- MOT testing – class 4, 5 and 7
- Authorised Testing Facility (ATF)
- tachograph calibration/repair
- guidance on transport legislation/legal compliance
- driver licence checks (DCC Maintained Schools only)
- driver vehicle checks (based on client’s own vehicle)
- minibus and vehicle specification development including evaluation and procurement support to ensure an integrated, compliant and cost-effective approach to purchasing
- guidance and support to managers and drivers to complete documentation
- analysis of driver trends, recommendations ie, driver training required
- managed service to ensure transparency and compliance (V5C/MOT/certification and vehicle history), condition report at request. Value asset and manage through auction process
Our driver training is provided by fully qualified trainers to DVSA ADI (Approved Driving Instructor) and MiDAS DAT (Driver Assessor Trainers) qualification.
In order to help you be fully compliant and knowledgeable on areas of legal responsibility, we have designed a support package and specialised training courses to deliver an integrated solution to driver training. Courses include;
- induction / assessments, driver daily vehicle checks, driver CPC, MiDAS
- MiDAS minibus and MPV, both (standard & accessible) – trailer load security (canoes & box).
- safe and smart driver and vehicle awareness (course based on client’s own minibus).
We can arrange hire orders which meet your needs. Our frameworks are open and allow new suppliers and products to be added. All hire contracts/frameworks offer a dedicated hire desk team to deal with hires and resolve any queries.
Comprehensive contract managed service provision of vehicle (DCC Maintained Schools only for insurance purposes), operated plant, site accommodation (includes stores, welfare units, portable toilets) and skip hire requirements.
Hire desk sourcing of all hires via appropriate framework ensuring the most cost-effective, contractually compliant order allocation in accordance with user requirements. Assisting hirers and suppliers to reduce the council’s carbon footprint wherever possible, identifying practical alternatives to meet hiring requirements.
Bespoke hire module incorporates automated e-mail functions to hiring client and supplier and includes billing/recharge capability. Internal audit developed authorised user protocol to prevent unauthorised hires.
Supported contract managed access to non-operated plant and equipment hire (sole supplier contract).
Benefits to you
- bespoke service level agreement (SLA) to suit your individual requirements
- compliance with road transport legislation with appropriately trained and licensed drivers
- scheduled maintenance and inspections with highly qualified and experienced staff accustomed to dealing with vehicles operating in school and other trade environments
- comprehensive hire provision sourcing items in the most compliant and cost-effective way
- competitively priced, specialist fabrication work by qualified staff familiar with providing services to schools and other trades