Cognition and Learning, Movement Sensory Motor Team
Our team can offer support, including training and school development across a number of cognition and learning areas, movement and sensory needs.
Who we are:
Our multi-disciplinary Cognition & Learning, Movement Sensory Motor Team consists of highly experienced Advisory Inclusion Teachers, an Occupational Therapist, a Specialist Educational Psychologist, an Assistant Psychologist, Senior Support Workers and a Senior Specialist Educational Psychologist with strategic lead for Cognition and Learning.
How can our team support your setting/school?
We can offer:
- a detailed assessment of the child or young person’s specific needs and strengths including a written report with agreed outcomes
- signposting to appropriate resources and evidence based interventions
- support to develop setting/school’s curriculum differentiation and personalised learning.
- recommendations including modifications and structuring of the learning environment, risk assessments and advice about specialist equipment for individual children to access the setting safely.
- support developing setting/school’s understanding of the physical, emotional, behavioural and educational implications of moderate, severe or specific learning difficulties.
- advice and practical support including adaptations, specialist equipment and alternative ways of addressing the needs of young people with learning needs.
- support to schools, young people and families managing transitions.
- support to help parents facilitate their child’s development.
- early movement screening, sensory advice, intervention and movement assessments.
Schools can refer directly to our team for assessment and support for individual pupils. The degree of involvement ranges from a single consultation to more detailed individual assessment and discussion with staff and parents relating to outcomes and interventions.
We can also offer training and support across a range of areas including:
- Specific Learning Difficulties (SPLD)
- General Learning Difficulties (GLD)
- Maths Difficulties
- Down syndrome
- Foundation Stage
- Sensory Preferences
- Assistive Technology and IT
- Physical Difficulties
- Fine Motor
- Gross Motor
- Handwriting Difficulties
Bespoke support can be provided by the team, for example:
- ‘SEND Surgeries’ or drop in sessions for staff to consult about individual and groups of pupils.
- Workshops for staff development on a range of topics, such as: improving the progress and achievement of pupils with learning difficulties; support to plan, run and evaluate a specific intervention programme; fine motor difficulties and handwriting; supporting children with SEND in the Early Years.