Our team of specialist solicitors are available to provide a range of legal services.
What we offer
We offer advice and support on a number of areas including the following:
- admissions and admission appeals
- data protection, copyright (photographs and videos of pupils) and freedom of information
- employment law (for example representation, staff recruitment, dismissals, grievances, disciplinaries)
- family residence and contact issues
- property issues
- pupil exclusions and disciplinaries
- dealing with trespass and nuisance
This is not an exhaustive list, if we are not able to help, we will advise you of this, and direct you to who you need to contact and how.
We can provide representation at employment tribunals.
If you are an academy, we offer a fully managed admissions appeals service for an additional fee.
As part of your contract with us, we:
- prepare and distribute Notice of Appeal forms, guidance for parents and appeal rules
- acknowledge receipt of Notice of Appeal forms
- allocate appeal date and times within the code of practice timeframe
- arrange a venue for appeals
- arrange an appeal panel to hear the appeal
- provide relevant training for the appeals panel (in line with Department for Education appeals code of practice and rules on admission appeals)
- prepare and distribute agenda and papers for the appeal to the appeals panel and legal representative
- attend the appeal, take notes of the appeal and escort people who are appealing against the school place decision
- provide legal advice to the appeals panel
- prepare and post decision letters, following the appeal
- provide advice to appellants during the appeals process