The programme supports schools to support children’s speech and language development through assessment and intervention. We understand that each child/young person, their family and educational context is different and that one size does not fit all.
We offer bespoke support to each educational setting depending on need, for example:
- individual assessment for children and young people, including personalised strategies, interventions and approaches
- devising and implementing group and individual interventions for any aspect of speech, language and communication
- written feedback in the form of record of visit/report, which include agreed outcomes and strategies
- involvement with families to support their understanding of the strategies used in school and their relevance at home
- consultation, such as ‘drop in’ surgeries, in your setting
- coaching for individual members of staff
- staff development, for example workshops and training which can be tailored to fit with the individual needs of your setting
- advice on the use of screening tools in the early years, key stage 1 and key stage 2 and hands on’ support during the school day
- consultation by telephone as needed
We have a highly qualified speech and language therapist and specialist advisory teacher in speech, language and communication and they liaise with the NHS Speech and Language Therapy service as appropriate.
We deliver accredited level 2 and 3 speech and language qualifications through ELKLAN. We also train early years staff to deliver the evidence-based Nuffield Early Language Intervention programme, supported by the Nuffield Foundation, The University of Oxford, The Education Endowment Foundation and ELKLAN.
- has additional training and expertise in understanding and supporting practice in Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND)
- is trained to respond safely and appropriately to safeguarding concerns
- works to the highest standards in terms of the requirements of the SEND Code of Practice and Equality Act, and will support your practice with regard to their legal context
- understands local authority (LA) SEND systems and processes and will support you to work within them