All schools and settings have a duty to meet the needs of their children and young people. Our services help you as schools and education settings to understand, improve and promote the wellbeing, achievement and mental health of your children and young people, and manage behaviour that can sometimes be challenging.
Our work with you will be tailored to meet your needs as a school community recognising that each child/young person, their family and educational context is different and that one size does not fit all.
- assessment and consultation for individual children
- individual, small group and whole class psycho-educative or therapeutic interventions
- training programmes for school staff and ongoing support to maintain these developments
- development and project work based on school/setting identified need
- has additional training and expertise in understanding and supporting practice in well being and mental health
- is trained to respond safely and appropriately to safeguarding concerns
- works to the highest standards in terms of the requirements of the SEND Code of Practice and Equality Act, and will support your practice with regard to their legal context
- understands local authority (LA) SEND systems and processes and will support you to work within them
- is connected to a broader framework of supports and systems within the LA and region, including health services, the wider education system and specialist and safeguarding systems, and will support you to be connected to these systems
- works closely with partners in health, social care and other organisations in order to support holistic understanding of children and young people that can really make a difference