Every school and setting has a number of pupils who give cause for concern who are experiencing a period of poor mental health where in school support would be helpful. We offer specialist counselling and therapeutic support for these children and young people in school.
Our work with you will be tailored to meet your needs as a school community recognising that each child/young person, their family and educational context is different and that one size does not fit all.
- direct therapeutic work and counselling
- training and staff support
- has additional training and expertise in understanding and supporting practice in Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) and are fully qualified counsellors registered with the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy
- is trained to respond safely and appropriately to safeguarding concerns
- receives regular professional supervision and appraisal
- works to the highest standards in terms of the requirements of the SEND Code of Practice and Equality Act, and will support your practice with regard to their legal context
- understands local authority (LA) SEND systems and processes and will support you to work within them
- is connected to a broader framework of supports and systems within the LA and region, including across the education system and specialist and safeguarding systems, and will support you to be connected to these systems
- works closely with partners in health, social care and other organisations in order to support holistic understanding of children and young people that can really make a difference