Appropriate body services
- All aspects of administrative support associated with NQT induction
- Registration for induction with the Teaching Regulation Agency
- Quality assurance visits to schools as part of a rolling programme
- A range of guidance and templates to support the assessment and reporting of NQTs’ progress
- Training and support for induction tutors
- One to one consultation and guidance when appropriate named contact (confidential support for individual NQTs)
NQT conference welcome event
Our annual conference is for NQTs across all phases, providing you with practical advice on how to make the most of induction year and ensure a positive and successful start to you career in teaching. It provides an opportunity to establish effective networks with other NQTs and builds on existing practice and experience.
As the demand for places is always high, this year’s conference will run on two consecutive days, 3 or 4 October 2019. Simply choose the date that is most convenient.
The conference includes:
- Keynote from Sir John Jones – author, international speaker and educational commentator JFJ Training
- Sessions with NQT focus around:
- Workload and wellbeing
- Recently qualified teachers sharing their NQT experience
- Embracing OFSTED
NQT End-of-Induction Celebration Event
A new event to acknowledge the completion of your NQT induction year. We have invited motivational speaker, Ross Morrison McGill to inspire you as you move into your RQT (recently qualified teacher) year. This event will take place on the afternoon of 9 July 2020.
NQT induction support programme
The NQT programme is delivered by a range of skilled professionals who are experts in their subject or pedagogical field. The programmes have been designed to meet the needs of NQTs, providing support at the most appropriate times of the induction year. The programme links closely to the Teachers’ Standards and all current NQT guidance.
An initial twilight session welcomes NQTs to Durham, and introduces them to the NQT team. It is also a chance to outline key expectation and provide information about evidencing progress across the year.
Sir John Jones is incredibly inspiring, I feel a lot more positive following his talk