Description of service
This service level agreement will provide you with the support and advice of qualified and experienced staff, so that schools can address national and local priorities in computing as well as developing subject solutions within the school’s own context.
What we offer
Regular input from Education Durham subject specialist and a wide range of partner organisations to ensure your current facilities and provision are fit for purpose. This input will take the form of:
- Half-termly ebriefings and follow-up Microsoft (MS) Teams meetings where appropriate, to share and model new approaches and developments.
- One support visit per year (three hours or equivalent) for the computing co-ordinator in your school to meet with and discuss curriculum and training needs with an experienced support and development specialist adviser (this meeting to be arranged either as a face-to-face, or as a remote meeting using MS Teams or similar).
- A free showcase at the beginning of the academic year to signpost all the courses/networks and opportunities within the subject area for all teachers of the subject including NQTs. This will include taster sessions and keynote contributions from a range of ‘Education Durham’ partners eg, National Centre for Computing Education (NCCE), Computing at Schools (CAS), STEM learning, awarding bodies, publishers etc. This event will include a market-place showcasing new and emerging technologies.
- Specialist advice on developments in e-learning, including specific training opportunities (free of charge) relating to Teams, Zoom and Google classroom and other tools.
- Specialist advice on developing a Virtual Learning Environment (VLE).
- Specialist advice to computing co-ordinators who are new to their role and existing co-ordinators who are wanting to review policies and practices.
- Access to the on-line programme: Planning and Progression of skills in computing.
Duration of SLA: One year rollover
Period of notice: three months